Today brings the release our the fourth (and largest) FlatRedBall starter project called TownRaiser, nostalgically named after the SNES classic ActRaiser.
What’s is TownRaiser?
TownRaiser is a RTS/town builder hybrid game. Players can build a town, train troops, and explore the map to fight enemies.
How Can I Play TownRaiser?
Unlike previous starter projects, you can download and run the full TownRaiser game. Just download, unzip, and run the .exe to run the game on your Windows desktop:
Downloading In Glue
You can download TownRaiser in Glue through the File -> New Project menu. It’s fully open source so use it learn about FlatRedBall or to start your own RTS project.
Who Made TownRaiser?
This starter project is the result of a month-long team effort by the following game developers:
- Vic Chelaru (@flatredball) – game logic, tooling, engine
- Rick Blaylock (@stitch1280) – game logic, UI development
- Adam Patridge (@patridgedev) – game logic
- Marc Carlton (@marc_carlton) – sound/music
- Chris Alan(@thechrisalan) – sound/music
- Justin Johnson (@profexorgeek) – art