To install FlatRedBall:
- Install Angelcode Bitmap Font Generator v 1.13 (this requirement may go away in future versions of FRB): http://www.angelcode.com/products/bmfont/
- For Visual Studio 2017:
- If you don’t have Visual Studio installed, run the Visual Studio installer for Visual Studio 2017. Community Edition is free.
- Check .NET desktop development.
- If you intend to make iOS or Android applications, also check Mobile development with .NET.
- If you intend to make UWP apps (Windows tablet, phone, Xbox One), also check Universal Windows Platform development
- Follow these instructions to enable XNA in Visual Studio 2017: http://flatredball.com/visual-studio-2017-xna-setup/
- Download and install the FlatRedBall Installer
- Download and install MonoGame
While the installer is running, check out the Tutorials section.
Here’s some more options on getting or updating FlatRedBall:
Problems opening Glue projects? Try running a manual XNA installation: