To install FlatRedBall:
- Install the XNA Runtimes from
- Install MonoGame from
- Install the .NET 4.5.2 SDK from
- Download the FlatRedBall ZIP from
- Unzip (extract) the FRBDK.zip file
- Open the folder after it has been extracted
- Open the Xna 4 Tools folder
- Open Glue.exe
- If you see the Windows protected your PC message, click More Info, Run Anyway
You’re now ready to make games with FlatRedball. Next, check out the Tutorials section.
Installing Visual Studio
FlatRedBall works hand-in-hand with Visual Studio. Although it’s not required, Visual Studio makes it easier to write, maintain, and debug FlatRedBall games.
For more information on installing Visual Studio, see the Visual Studio Minimum Requirements page.
Having problems opening or running FlatRedBall projects? Check out the Troubleshooting Page.
Here’s some more options on getting or updating FlatRedBall:
Problems opening Glue projects? Try running a manual XNA installation: