Visual Studio provides excellent code writing, debugging, and project management functionality. FlatRedBall developers can improve their productivity by using Visual Studio. Note that certain platforms (such as Android, iOS, and Xbox One) require using Visual Studio.
Installing Visual Studio
To install Visual Studio:
- Go to https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/
- Select your version of Visual Studio. Note that the Community version is free.
- Once downloaded, run the Visual Studio Installer.
- Verify that the required option .NET desktop development is checked. Other options may be needed for other platforms such as Android or Xbox One.
- Click Install
- Wait for the install to finish – this may take 30 minutes or more depending on your connection and hardware
Once Visual Studio is installed it can be opened through Glue by clicking on the Visual Studio icon.